Congratulations to our West Florida division that was just named a Top Workplace in 2019 by the Tampa Bay Times. The survey differentiates businesses by size with recognition for large, medium and small workplaces. The division was named on the top small workplaces lists for businesses with fewer than 150 employees. This was a tremendous honor for that division and their first time being recognized as a great place to work in their local community. The employee-based survey gathers feedback on 24 factors related to workplace culture including:
· Alignment – where the company is heading, its values, cooperation
· Connection – employees feel appreciated, their work is meaningful
· Effectiveness – doing things well, sharing different viewpoints, encouraging new ideas
· My manager – cares about concerns, helps learn and grow
· Engagement – motivation, retention and recruiting
· Leadership – confidence in company leaders
· The basics – pay, benefits, flexibility, training, expectations
Way to go West Florida!
Michelle Hairston hosts a discussion with Human Rights Campaign Deputy Director of the Workplace Equality Program, RaShawn Hawkins on the topic of allyship and steps we can take to show support for members of the LGBTQ community. Check out the Human Rights Campaign's resources for allies.
Do you know why we celebrate Pride Month in June? Pride Month commemorates the Stonewall Uprising of 1969. What started as a police raid at one of the most popular gay bars in New York City turned into a catalyst for the gay rights movement. In the years and decades that followed, organizations like Human
It was around this time last year that we purposefully recommitted ourselves to elevating PulteGroup’s work to promote a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. A place where everyone can bring their best selves to work every single day. I am so proud of the conversations we continue to have, the learning we continue to